Welcome, Guest

OivedElokim-I’ll never give up
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 14101 Views

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 28 Jun 2022 05:37 #382531

• OivedElokim
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't see the difference that would make, but it's an interesting idea. Thank you!
For the background to my name- see Tanya פרק טו.
My old thread
My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 28 Jun 2022 07:58 #382536

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 185 days
  • Expert Boarder
You're welcome!
you said "despite the knas, reasoning that it was worth it to buy the pleasure."
IS it worth it to pay out $10 in order to afterwards get the pleasure? On the one hand you are not yet forced to pay so you have more ability to decide that it is not worth it, but on the other hand the imagined pleasure is much greater than the actual pleasure felt in hindsight.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 30 Jun 2022 01:10 #382637

• OivedElokim
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't find that I expect the pleasure to be more then it is. The actual pleasure is enough for me...
Minimizing the temptation is not a strategy that works for me.
For the background to my name- see Tanya פרק טו.
My old thread
My current thread 
Last Edit: 30 Jun 2022 01:11 by OivedElokim.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 30 Jun 2022 14:34 #382651

What about (and this may be what frank.lee means) trying to re-frame the pleasure as opposed to trying to minimize the pleasure? We all know what the pleasure is and the tayva we have for it, but what is the reason you are trying to stop.

​Take that reason and try to use it to re-frame the pleasure.

This is very hard to do in the heat of the moment, but if you're constantly reminding yourself throughout the day why you are going through this, it may help when the temptation comes up.
3 things to think about... 
#1 do you want to stop?
#2 WHY do you want to stop?
#3 (assuming you answered yes to #1 and found your why) What behaviors are causing you to fall
#4 stop overthinking

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 30 Jun 2022 15:56 #382658

• Vehkam
  • Current streak: 250 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I believe that the Knas system does not provide motivation. It can help with willpower if the knas is significant to you. 

you need both willpower and motivation one without the other can’t really work.  

I believe that what lchaim tovim posted will help you work on your motivation. Once that is in place, perhaps the knas will be more helpful.  
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes